Mark your calendars for June 17th - 24th, 2018 for the CAS Early Engineering Program!
What is the Early Engineering Program (EEP)?
The Early Engineering Program (EEP) is a one-week residential camp for rising CAS High School Freshmen, Sophomores and juniors interested in engineering. The program introduces CAS High School students to engineering and encourages them to pursue careers in engineering. The program includes tours, lectures, demonstrations, hands-on laboratory activities, field trips and team projects in order to help students develop their math, science and engineering skills and decide if engineering is right for them. CAS students also will enjoy recreational events, exploring Davis, and Silicon Valley.
What are the 2018 program dates?
· June 17-24, 2018
What do you do in EEP?
· CAS students will be part of an ongoing research project with the INANO Lab Group and in the Wide Band Gap Lab Group at the University of California, Davis.
· In the INANO laboratory, students will learn high-speed test setup for the characterization of Photo Detector (PD) performance, solar simulator setup, optical setup, electrical measurement technique, and MATLAB, and LabVIEW software.
· In the Wide Band Gap Lab, students will learn about Metal Oxide Semiconductor (MOS) capacitor fabrication steps, Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Emission Transistor (MOSFET) fabrication steps, MOS capacitor and MOSFET characterization.
What is the deadline for applications?
· May 4, 2018
When will we be notified of the decision?
· May 15, 2018.
How much does it cost to attend EEP?
How can I pay for EEP?
· Once you have received acceptance, you will be given a link to pay.
Does this program offer college credit?
· No college credit is given for the program.
· The participants will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
What grades are accepted into the EEP?
· Grade Level: 9-11
What does the registration fee cover?
· Lodging, meals, transportation, and all events that are part of the program.
My child would need to leave the program early. Can he/she still participate?
· Requires participation in all seven days.
Registration is required since space is limited. Online registration is available at this link due date is May 4th 2018.